Guides for Teachers of ADHD Students
to Teaching Students with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Main
If you find this page useful, please share it.
ADHD and Education: A Resource for Teachers
By HADD Family Support Group. Covers:
- From the Perspective of a Child with ADD/ADHD
- What is ADD/ADHD and how to Recognise it
- What to Do if you Suspect a Child has ADD/ADHD
- Getting a Diagnosis and an Educational Assessment
- Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and Behavioural Plans
- Strategies - How to Deal with a Child with ADD/ADHD
- Building Self-Esteem and Inclusiveness and Promoting Social Interaction
- Homework and links with Home
- Co-Existing Conditions
- The Positive Side of ADD/ADHD
Understanding,Teaching, And Supporting Students With ADHD
By Rosemary Tannock, PhD. Holds a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Special Education and Adaptive Technology at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education in the University of Toronto. 54 slide power point presentation.
Students with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. A
Resource Guide for Teachers
From the BC Government's Dept. of Education.
From the National Resource Center on AD/HD. Here is a short list of books for teachers that offer strategies
for working with children with Attention Deficit Disorder.
They are all available in paperback and are reasonably priced
Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Instructional Strategies and Practices PDF
36 page PDF from the US Department of Education.
Guide on Positive Behavioral Support PDF
This Facilitator’s Guide was developed by the staff
of the Positive Behavioral Support (PBS) Project at the University
of South Florida. It is designed to build capacity of school
districts in positive assessment based approaches to support
students with significant behavioral challenges. The project
provides assistance through a number of mechanisms:
- Various inservice training models
- Consultation and on-site coaching
- Information and product dissemination
Functional Behavior Assessment Process
Explains the reasoning behind one and the practical steps
on how to conduct one.
A Guide to the IEP (Individualized Education Program)
From the US department of education