Topic: Goal Setting
March 2nd 2015 Meeting Notes for the Vancouver Adult ADD Support Group
Return to Vancouver
Adult ADD Support Group Previous Notes Page
If you find this page useful, please share it.
How to Set Goals.
Facilitator: Pete Quily
Thanks for Kat and Amy for taking notes.
What helps you set achievable goals?
1) Imagining the outcomes
2) Adding the emotional and sensory part
3) Getting clear on the rewards/benefits (these are fuel)
4) Reviewing past emotional success and payoff
5) Have a supportive team (choose the right people )
6) ADHD / ADD support groups - helpful resources
7) Useable lists (achievable)
9) Reasonable timeline
10) Back-up plans - have many plans to get to your goal
11) Clarify your obstacles and create possible solutions for each obstacle
12) Getting clear on the why (both the positives and the negatives)
13) Create positive environment for success
14) Schedule small and big rewards
15) External accountability
16) The nuclear option
17) Calling you on your bullshit
18) Setting boundaries
19) External help, Adult ADHD coach, Professional organizer, Bookkeeper etc